Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
Basic: God wants us to help people who are poor, who don’t have enough food, a safe place to live, or a community.
More: A basic moral test is how our most vulnerable members are faring. In a society marred by deepening divisions between rich and poor, our tradition recalls the story of the Last Judgment (Mt 25:31-46) and instructs us to put the needs of the poor and vulnerable first.
Read more about Option for the Poor and Vulnerable on the USCCB website.
Family Resources (Session Elements)
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable Art
- Theme and Prayer Service
- Activity: Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- Bible Story: How to Honor God
- Sun (for the craft that goes with the Bible story.)
- Saint Story: Blessed Pier Giorgio
- Faith Formation students have the opportunity to win a Snow Biz prize by completing one element from each session. Students can receive credit for the element by sending a picture of the activity, your prayer space, coloring page, or short reflection to Samantha via email firstname.lastname@example.org or text. This must be completed by the end of the last week.